Skill Test for the eligible candidates of CGLE 2018 will be conducted on 18.12.2020 and 19.12.2020 across the country. This Skill Test will comprise of three modules, namely, Data Entry Speed Test (DEST), Power Point Presentation/Generatron of Slides (MS PowerPoint), and Spread Sheet (MS Excel).
2. For Data Entry Speed Test (DEST), a master text passage of about 2000 (two thousand) key depressions will be given. Duration of this test will be 15 minutes.
- Candidates can only type the equivalent number of words given in the master text passage.
- Combination of alphanumeric keys followed by space will be termed as one "Word".
- After typing given number of words in the master text passage, the space bar will not allow further typing of additional words. For example, if there are 500 words in the master text passage, candidates can type only 500 words and after that space bar will not allow the candidates to type any additional word.
- In case, candidates type additional words/wrong words, thereby exhausting the allowed number of words before completing the master text, then they may use arrow keys/backspace key to correct wrongiy typed word(s) or remove aditional typed word(s) before proceeding to complete the master text.
3, Power Point Presentation/Generation of Slides (MS Power Point) and Spread Sheet(MS Excel) will be administered on MS Office platform (Microsoft Office-2007 and higher versions) and duration of each module will be 15 minutes,
- These modules will be conducted one after the other.
- After completion of both the modules, printouts of the candidate's work will be taken.
- The candidates will have to give the print command and after getting printouts, they will write their Roll Numbers, Names and put their signatures on each page.
Under Secretary (C-ll)