PM chairs 36th PRAGATI Meeting
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired the 36th PRAGATI meeting. In the meeting, ten agenda items were taken up for review including eight projects, grievance relating to one scheme and one programme. PM expressed his concerns in delays being observed in execution of some of the projects.
PM-KISAN scheme: Top-performing states awarded
- Union Minister for Agriculture Narendra Singh Tomar awarded the top-performing States and Districts for their exemplary work with respect to the implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme. Uttar Pradesh awarded for fastest take-off of PM Kisan Scheme.
||Launched: 1 February 2019
India hosts First Meeting of BRICS Finance
- India hosted a Meeting of BRICS Finance and Central Bank Deputies and was co-Chaired by Tarun Bajaj, Secretary Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, and Dr. Michael Patra, Deputy Governor, RBI. India assumed the BRICS Chairship in 2021, at a time when BRICS is celebrating its 15th anniversary.
||Brazil, Russia,India, China and South Africa
Economy & Banking
SEBI asks NSE to find root cause of 'trading halt'
- Market regulator, SEBI has advised National Stock Exchange to carry out a detailed root cause analysis of the trading halt witnessed at NSE and also to explain the reasons for trading not migrating to the disaster recovery site. SEBI has asked NSE to submit its report at the earliest.
|Founded: 12 April 1992
|| Headquarters: Mumbai
Contract between Indian Navy and M/s SECON
- A contract for construction of Eight Missile Cum Ammunition Barges (MCA) has been concluded with M/s SECON, Visakhapatnam a MSME. Delivery of Barges is scheduled to commence from Jul 22.The project adds another milestone to the Make in India initiative.
Rear admiral Ajay Kochhar takes charge
- Rear Admiral Ajay Kochhar, took over as the Flag Officer Commanding Western Fleet (FOCWF) from Rear Admiral Krishna Swaminathan,at a formal ceremony held onboard the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya.
Motera stadium named after PM Modi
- The world’s largest cricket arena at Motera in Ahmedabad, the Sardar Patel Cricket Stadium, was renamed Narendra Modi Stadium and was inaugurated on by President Ram Nath Kovind. The rebuilt stadium is part of the proposed Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Sports Enclave.
||Governor: Acharya Devvrat
|| Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
Person in News
- Anjali Bharadwaj, an Indian social activist working on issues of transparency and accountability, is one of the 12 “courageous” individuals named by the Biden administration for the newly-instituted International Anti-Corruption Champions Award.
- Former Union Minister Vijay Sampla has assumed the charge of Chairman National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC). He has been the former Union Minister of State for Social Justice & Empowerment from 2014 to 2019.
|Founded: 19 February 2004
||Headquarters: New Delhi
Arunachal Pradesh: New alpine plant species discovered
- A new species of alpine plant in Arunachal Pradesh's Tawang district has been discovered by a group of scientists of three institutes of the country, according to a paper published in Biodiversitas: Journal of Biological Diversity."It is named as Cremanthodium indicum".
||Governor: B. D. Mishra
||Chief Minister:Pema Khandu