India’s 1stToy Fair 2021
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the India Toy Fair 2021. The Toy Fair will be held from 27th February to 2nd March 2021. National toy action plan has been launched to make toymaking competitive.
Products finalized for 'One District One Focus Product'
- The Ministry of Agriculture in consultation with the Ministry of Food Processing Industries has finalized the products for One District One Focus Product (ODOFP). The products have been identified from agricultural, horticultural, animal, poultry, milk, fisheries and aquaculture, marine sectors for 728 districts across the country.
39th Agartala International Book Fair
- Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb inaugurated the 39thAgartala International Book Fair with the theme “EkTripura, Shrestha Tripura” in Agartala, Tripura.
|Governor: Ramesh Bais
|Chief Minister: Biplab Kumar Deb
India-Bangladesh: The 19th Home Secretary Level Talks
- The 19th Home Secretary Level Talks (HSLT) between India and Bangladesh were held in the backdrop of ‘MujibBarsho’and 50 years of Bangladesh Liberation War and establishment of diplomatic ties between the two countries. The Indian delegation was led by Shri Ajay Kumar Bhalla, Union Home Secretary.
|Currency: Bangladeshi taka
|President: Abdul Hamid
ISSF World Cup
- The Indian trio of Mairaj Ahmed Khan, Angad Vir Singh Bajwa and Gurjoat Khangura won the bronze medal in men’s skeet team event at the International Shooting Sport Federation tournament (ISSF) Shotgun World Cup in Cairo.
|Headquarters: Munich, Germany
|President: Vladimir Lisin
Iga Swiatek wins Adelaide International title
- Roland Garros champion Iga Swiatek clinched the second title of her career after winning the Adelaide International title. French Open champion Swiatek breezed past second seed Belinda Bencic 6-2 6-2 in the final.
Science & Tech
ISRO to launch 19 satellites including Amazonia-1 of Brazil
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched Amazonia-1 satellite of Brazil and 18 Co-passenger satellites through PSLVC51 rocket from the Sathish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota. Amazonia-1 is the optical earth observation satellite.
|Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
|Director: K. Sivan
Global energy and environment leadership award
- PM Narendra Modi will receive the CERAWeek global energy and environment leadership award during an annual international energy conference next week. The prime minister will also deliver the keynote address at the CERAWeek Conference-2021, which will be held from March 1 to 5. CERAWeek is an annual energy conference organized by the information and insights company IHS Markit in Houston, Texas.
Hyundai Motor India bags award for i20
- Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) has bagged the "Indian Car of the Year 2021" (ICOTY) award for its i20 car. The South Korean carmaker had won the award seven times for its products. Since its launch in november, the i20 had sold over 42,000 units.
Hyundai Motor Company
|Headquarters:Seoul, South Korea
Person in News
Vice-Admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh
- Vice-Admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh will take charge as Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (FOC-in-C) Eastern Naval Command from Vice Admiral Atul Kumar Jain, who will move to New Delhi as Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC).
Eastern Naval Command
|Founded: 1 March 1968
|Parent organization: Indian Navy
National Science Day
- National Science Day is being observed today. The day is celebrated every year on 28th of February to commemorate the discovery of the ‘Raman Effect’. On this day, Physicist CV Raman announced the discovery of the 'Raman Effect' for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1930.
|‘Future of Science and Technology and Innovation: Impact on Education Skills and Work'.