|Dates for submission of online applications
||29-12-2020 to 31-01-2021
|Last date and time for receipt of online applications:
|Last date and time for making online fee payment
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)
|Schedule of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I)
||29-05-2021 to 07-06-2021
|Date of Tier-II Examination
||To be notified later
- Tentative vacancies for the examination are : 6506 (Group ‘B’ Gazetted-250,Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted-3513, Group ‘C’-2743).
Age limit (As on 01-01-2021)
- Group B (Gazetted): Not Exceeding 30 years
- Group B: Not Exceeding 30 years, 20-30 years,18-30 years
- Group C: 18-27 years
Essential Educational Qualifications (as on 01-01-2021)
- Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized Universityor Institute.
- Desirable Qualifications (for AAO): Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
- Junior Statistical Officer: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level; Or Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects atdegree level.
- All other Posts: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only). [Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC),Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Ex-servicemen(ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.]
Details of Post [Groupwise]
Group B (Gazetted), Pay Level-8 (Rs 47600 to 151100)
- Assistant Audit Officer-Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG
- Assistant Accounts Officer-Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG
Group B, Pay Level-7 (Rs 44900 to 142400)
- Assistant Section Officer-Central Secretariat Service
- Assistant Section Officer-Intelligence Bureau
- Assistant Section Officer-Ministry of Railway
- Assistant Section Officer-Ministry of External Affairs
- Assistant section Officer-AFHQ
- Assistant section Officer-Other Ministries/Departments/Organizations
- Assistant-Other Ministries/Departments/Organizations
- Assistant- Other Ministries/Departments/Organizations
- Inspector (Central Excise)-CBIC
- Inspector (Preventive Officer)-CBIC
- Inspector (Examiner)-CBIC
- Assistant Enforcement Officer-Directorate of Enforcement Department of Revenue
- Sub Inspector-Central Bureau of Investigation
- Inspector Posts-Department of Post
- Inspector-Central Bureau of Narcotics
- Sub Inspector- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
Group B, Pay Level-6 (Rs 35400 to 112400)
- Assistant - Other Ministries/Departments/Organizations
- Assistant/Superintendent - Other Ministries/Departments/Organizations
- Divisional Accountant - Offices under C&AG
- Sub Inspector - NationalInvestigationAgency (NIA)
- Junior Statistical Officer-M/o Statistics & Programme Implementation
Group C, Pay Level-5 (Rs 29200 to 92300)
- Auditor-Offices under CAG
- Auditor-Offices under CGDA
- Auditor-Other Ministry/Departments
- Accountant-Offices under C&AG
- Accountant/Junior Accountant-Other Ministry Department
- Inspector ofIncome Tax - CBDT [Pay Level-7 (Rs 44900 to 142400)]
Group C, Pay Level-4 (Rs 25500 to 81100)
- Senior Secretariat Assistant/Upper Division Clerks-Central Govt Offices/Ministries other than CSCS cadres.
- Tax Assistant-CBDT
- Tax Assistant-CBIC
- Sub-Inspector- Central Bureau of Narcotics
Scheme of the Examination
- The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
- Tier-I: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-II: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Tier-IV: Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable).
Scheme of Tier-I Examinations
||Number of Questions
|A. General Intelligence and Reasoning
(1 hour and 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)
|B. General Awareness
|C. Quantitative Aptitude
|D. English Comprehension
Scheme of Tier-II Examinations
||Number of Questions
|Paper-I: Quantitative Abilities
(for each Paper)(2 hours and 40 minutesfor the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)
|Paper-II: English Language andComprehension
|Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)
- Tier-I and Tier-II will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension in Tier-I and Paper-II in Tier-II.
- In Tier-I, there will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
- In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
- In Tier-II, Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all the posts.
- Paper-III of Tier-II will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for the Posts.
- In Tier-II, Paper-IV will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted inTier-I for Paper-IV i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
Scheme of Tier-III Examination
|Mode of Examination
||Scheme of Examination
|Pen and Paper mode
||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi (Writing of Essay/ Precis/Letter/ Application etc.)
(1 hour and 20 minutesfor the candidates who areeligible for scribe as perPara-7.1 and 7.2)
- The Paper in Tier-III will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.Part paper written in Hindi and part in English will be awarded zero marks.
- In Tier-III, candidates must write their correct Roll Number at the prescribed places on the cover page of the Answer Book. Candidates must also affix signature and Left-hand Thumb Impression in the relevant columns in the Answer Book. Answer Books not bearing Roll Number, Signature and Left-hand Thumb Impression shall be awarded zero marks.
- Candidates must not write any personal identity e.g. name, roll number, mobile number, address, etc inside the Answer Book (Tier-III). Failure toadhere to these instructions will be treated as unfair means (UFM) and such candidates will be awarded zero marks and their candidature will be rejected.
Tier-IV (Skill Test)
- In the Tier-IV, Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) will be conducted.
- Date Entry Speed Test (DEST) :
- For the post of Tax Assistants (Central Excise & Income Tax): Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) at 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressionper hour on Computer.
- The “Data Entry Speed Test” Skill Test will be conducted for a passage of about 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a durationof 15 (fifteen) minutes. This test will be of qualifying nature.
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT): The Commission will hold Computer Proficiency Test (CPT), comprising of three modules: (i) Word Processing, (ii) Spread Sheetand (iii) Generation of Slides, for the posts of Assistant Section Officer in CSS, MEA & AFHQ, Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Assistant (GSI) in the Ministry of Mines, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer) & Inspector (Examiner) in CBIC.
- Duration of each module will be 15 minutes. These modules will be conducted one after the other.
- Module-I will comprise of DEST which will be conducted for apassage of about 2000 (two thousand) key depressions.
- Module-II will comprise preparation of spreadsheet as per theexercise given in the test.
- Module-III will comprise preparation of Power Point Presentation as per the exercise given in the test.
- The CPT will be conducted in the manner decided by the Commission for the purpose. CPT is qualifying in nature and qualifying in all the three Modules will be mandatory.
Mode of Selection:
Minimum qualifying marks in Tier-I, each Paper of Tier-II and Tier-II IExamination are as follows:
- UR : 30%
- OBC/ EWS : 25%
- Others : 20%
- Based on the marks scored in Tier-I i.e. Computer Based Examination, candidates will be shortlisted, category-wise, to appear in Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations. Separate cut-offs will be fixed for Paper-III of Tier-II (i.e. for thepost of JSO), Paper-IV of Tier-II (i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer) and for Paper-I + Paper-II of Tier-II (i.e. for all other posts).
- Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations will be conducted for all the candidates qualified in Tier-I. In Tier-II, all the candidates will be required to appear in Paper-I and Paper-II. However, only specific candidates shortlisted for the posts of JSO and Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer will be required to appear in Paper-III and Paper-IV respectively.
- Based on the aggregate performance in Tier-I and Tier-II Examinations,candidates will be shortlisted for evaluation of Tier-III Examination. The candidates who are not qualified in Tier-II will not be eligible for evaluation of Tier-III and they will not be considered for further selection process.
- Based on the aggregate performance of qualified candidates in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations, candidates will be shortlisted to appear in Document Verification and Skill Tests i.e. Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and Data Entry Speed Test (DEST). Skill Tests where prescribed are mandatory but qualifying in nature. If a candidate does not appear in Skill Test or fails to qualify the Skill Test, he/ she will not be eligible for the posts where CPT/ DEST are mandatory.
Resolution of Tie Cases:
In the event of tie in scores of candidates in Tier-I+Tier-II+Tier-III examinations,merit will be decided by applying following criteria, one after another in thegiven order, till the tie is resolved:
- Total marks of relevant Papers in Tier-II Examination.
- Total marks in Tier-III Examination.
- Date of birth, with older candidate placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in which the names of the candidates appear.